Printed Ivory and Gold Flame Guards in packs of 100 with a cross design.
Size 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
We offer free shipping on all orders above £150 (incl. VAT) or at lower thresholds according to loyalty status as follows:
Platinum customers £100
Gold customers £120
Silver customers £150
We wish to reward customers for being loyal to our brand. Offering free shipping at lower thresholds is one way we do this. Please refer to the information on our Loyalty Scheme to find out more about loyalty benefits.
Shipping typically factors in other costs related to fulfilling orders, such as the labour (minimum wage currently £10.42 per hour) required to process an order, to pick and pack it and to process the payment. The lifecycle of an average order takes about 25-30 minutes labour so roughly speaking a £4-£5 cost. Packaging materials generally come in at around 80p-£1.50 per order and there are merchant and bank payment processing fees to pay as well. Finally, there is the actual shipping fee which typically starts at £5 for a next day tracking service. Therefore, this means smaller orders are much more expensive to process relative to larger orders and this is why we'd encourage bulk buying wherever possible:
Less than £30
£30 to £60
£60 to £90
£90 to £120
£120 to £180
Goods considered fragile such as wine, candle oil, glass, etc will be sent via a Premium Fragile courier service. These fragile goods are dealt primarily by hand to ensure they are delivered safely and as a result incur higher charges. These charges are calculated by weight and will be displayed at checkout.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Orders are typically dispatched within 1-3 working days of receipt unless the item or order contains made-to-order products or is out of stock. If an item is out of stock we will provide an alternative product or advise when the item will be in stock.
Unless notified in advance and to avoid extended transit times couriers will be instructed to leave goods in a safe place near the main door (a porch, covered area, behind bins, etc) if no-one is available to receive them on the scheduled delivery day. If you wish to receive the goods in person please specify this at the time of ordering. For this service option the couriers will attempt to deliver the goods twice after which they are returned to our warehouse.
Please use the 'Notes' field in the shopping cart to provide delivery preferences such as office opening hours, preferred delivery days, safe places to leave goods, etc
Extra shipping charges
There are certain parts of the UK that fall outside the standard courier network such as islands and remote places and higher tariffs will apply. Certain heavy and/or fragile goods are also subject to higher shipping tariffs.
What is your returns policy?
We accept returns. Please examine your goods within 3 days of the scheduled delivery date. If incorrect or broken please email images to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send the correct items or organise replacements. If you wish to return goods please ensure they are packaged appropriately for transit. Returned goods will be examined on receipt and if in a saleable condition will be returned to stock and a full refund will be provided less a restocking charge. It is not possible to provide refunds on any returned goods that are damaged.
Candles should be stored in a cool, dark environment, horizontally and away from direct sunlight and extreme changes in temperatures. Ideally, candles should be used within 2 years of purchase.
When lighting a candle remember these important checks:
1) Ensure the candle is on a level, stable surface and is sufficiently secured into its holder.
2) Before lighting ensure the wick is not twisted and trimmed to 1/2” in length if longer and is standing upright.
3) Always use a proper lighting taper or lighter as this will prevent any unwanted debris falling into the candle wax which can result in burning problems.
4) When re-lighting a candle ensure there is no debris in the wax and that the wick remains in an upright position.
5) Should a candle burn with a small flame, extinguish it and once cooled but arm, scrape away the top of the candle until sufficient wick is veiwed.
6) To extinguish a candle, do not blow the flame as this can result in wax splashing out of the wax pool. A candle snuffer can be purchased from DM Hay but be careful not to damage the wick when using a snuffer.
7) Draughts can considerably affect the burning of a candle but can also be unavoidable. DM Hay sell candle caps but these are designed to aid the burning of made to order 25% beeswax and sterine Candles where the wax is harder to hold the cap. Please call us to discuss any requirements and sizes of these, or view on our website at www.dmhay.com
8) Hot water should be used to clean wax from metal, glass or ceramic holders but care on some coloured glass holders not to remove the colouring.
9) Be aware not to burn candles too close to flammable items with a suggested two feet vertical clearance between the flame and material or surface.
EXTREME CARE MUST BE TAKEN AT ALL TIMES TO
ENSURE THAT CANDLES ARE BURNT CORRECTLY AND IN SAFE SURROUNDINGS. NEVER LEAVE BURNING CANDLES UNSUPERVISED.